GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS - PRIVACY STATEMENT
Harrow Security Ltd are a Locksmith and general maintenance company and contracted to carry out work for management companies, estate agents, chartered surveyors and many other businesses and individuals within the commercial and residential sector.
In response to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force from 25 May 2018, Harrow Security Ltd have implemented the following "Privacy Notice" documenting how we hold and process personal data.
Harrow Security Ltd are provided with personal details from clients in order to fulfil our duties and perform in accordance with our terms of engagement. In order to fulfil these duties, Harrow Security Ltd will require access to some personal information in order to communicate such as:
- Contact names
- Telephone numbers (landline/mobile/private and commercial)
- Email address
- Next of kin for secondary contact purposes
Privacy & Data Protection:
Data is kept secure and may be stored electronically on our servers that are based in the UK. Our computers are protected by passwords and anti-virus program and can only be accessed by our staff members.
Any information received from our clients is strictly for the purpose of carrying out the job / contract we have been instructed to do.
Personal data will be deleted once the information is no longer required,
Data and personal information will only be used for the purpose provided and will not be used for marketing purposes.
On occasions, contact information only (not financial information Harrow Security may hold) will need to be passed on to sub-contractors of Harrow Security solely for the purposes of fulfilling the contract.
Data may be used for financial records such as VAT invoices and it will be kept for 6 years. The legal basis of this processing are the "legal obligations" to which Harrow Security Ltd is subject.
If we become aware that Customer Personal Data (held by us) has gone missing, we will inform our client within 48 hours in order to advise the ICO of the breach within 72 hours.
- Under GDPR rules, individuals about whom we hold data have the following rights:
- Right to be Informed: Individuals are informed of the information held on them via this Privacy Statement
- Right of Access: Individuals may request to see a copy of the information held relating to them at any time. This information is provided at no cost. In this instance you should please contact your property manager, usual point of contact or our main switchboard for advice.
- Right of Rectification: We strive to hold accurate records at all times. We ask that you please contact us to advise of any changes to your contact details. In the event that any corrections are required, please contact us with, where applicable, documentary proof in the form of a legal document that the amendment is required.
- Right to Be Forgotten: Individuals may request the removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. In this instance you should please contact your property manager, usual point of contact or our main switchboard for advice. Where applicable, we will make the process as straightforward as possible.
- Right to Restrict Processing: Individuals may request that data processing is restricted where the accuracy of the personal data is contested. Please contact us if there are any inaccuracies in the records we hold for you (see ‘Right of Rectification’ above). In this instance you should please contact your property manager, usual point of contact or our main switchboard for advice.
- Right to Data Portability: Individuals have the right to have their data transferred in a useable manner as they direct at no cost. In this instance you should please contact your property manager, usual point of contact or our main switchboard for advice.
- Right to Object: Individuals have the right to object to processing based on: legitimate interests in the public interest / exercise of official authority, on direct marketing, or for the purposes of scientific / historical research. Harrow Security Limited only process data directly related to contracted duties.
- Right not to be Subject to Automated Decision Making (Including Profiling): Individuals have the right to object to processing via automated decision making - Harrow Security Limited do not use automated decision-making.
- Individuals have a right to make a complaint to Information Commissioners Office www ICO.org if you believe there is a problem. We would of course prefer that you contact us in the first instance to address any queries or concerns.
Harrow Security Limited will never share or distribute personal data for any purpose other than as required for the performance of their contracted duties or where specifically requested.